My child is not yet 19, but is out of high school and working—Do I still have to pay support?

Emancipation is a more difficult question for a child who is employed but who is living at home with a parent. Parties may obligate themselves by a written agreement entered with the court to support children through college. Absent an agreement, the court may not order child support to continue for college past the age of 19. Also, if a child is disabled to the extent that they are unlikely to be able to support themselves, child support may be extended if the motion is filed prior to the age of 19. However, once the child supports terminates, it is not possible to later return to court to extend the order if an adult child becomes disabled.